Below are a handful of tips to ensure your photos come out looking spectacular when you’re the one being photographed.
- Wear solid colors so your face is the focal point. Avoid stripes and flowers so that you don’t stand out from the rest of the group.
- Select muted tones that are a bit subdued, bright colors such as, reds, oranges and yellows tend to make you look larger.
- Select similar tones for your top and bottom such as, both dark or both light. A light top with dark pants tends to make your top look bigger and light pants with a dark top tends to make your bottom look bigger.
1 to 3 Colors
- Choose between 1 to 3 colors for a group photo, ones with similar tones such as, dark green, navy and burgundy work well for dark tones and tan, light olive green and denims work well for light tones. This will ensure that we see people first and the coordinated clothing compliments your photos. NOTE: The colors mentioned are used as examples and do not reflect your only color choices.
Apparel & Jewelry
- We want the focus on your face so something else to think about is the length of your sleeves. Your arms take up more skin area than your face and for that reason it is best to select a top with sleeves at least to the elbows.
Socks and Footwear
- Choose dark socks and footwear because white sticks out like a sore thumb and that is what you will notice in your photos.
- Keep jewelry simple because too much draws the attention from your face.
- Do your hair As you normally would when wearing the clothing you selected, that way your photo more closely reflects who you are, not what you look like.
- If you are getting a haircut it is best to get it at least two weeks prior to your photo session date, allow yourself some time to work with your new cut and live with your new look.